Old 21-04-2006, 05:06 PM
Scotia Scotia is offline
Registered User

Location: Huddersfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith Lea
I think I have done a rather stupid thing - I planted around 100 gladi
corms and I have a horrid feeling that I may planted them upside down.
I planted them with the nobbly bit down ; that had obviously had some
sort of growth the year before and the pointed bit up. I am told that I
have put them upside down and that the pointed bit should have been
down!! Please tell me that I have got it right and that the other
person is wrong!
--
Judith Lea
I wouldn't worry too much! Gladiolus are 'corms' not bulbs meaning they will replace themselves.

The top growth will naturally grow upwards and seek light and eventually flower, what I am not quite so sure about is what will happen to the newly formed corm.

Perhaps when you lift them you might inform us all if they grew naturally i.e. were they upside down?