Old 21-04-2006, 04:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default What to plant on a de-mulched bank side?

"Jenny" wrote in message

When we moved into our home the seller had covered the big rock
outcropping behind us with truckloads of wood chips, much of it piles of
sticks. Over time they'd become infected with artillery fungus and
stinkhorns, so we just had a landscaper come in and remove it all.

Now we have a very large bank area interrupted by large rocks and covered
with a very thin layer of red soil, mostly one or two inches deep. The
whole bank area fades into established woods, mostly oaks. Left alone, I
figure it will develop some weeds and grass and saplings and eventually
turn into brush, which would be fine.

But since it is all bare now, so there is an opportunity I was wondering
if there is anything I can sow or plant that will give me some ground
cover and look good with the woods above it. It is much too steep to mow
and much too big to weedwhack. So it needs to have a very natural look.

The light conditions are maybe 3-4 hours of light during most of the
summer, better in the spring. Zone 5a with a western exposure on a hill.

--Jenny

My son has had great luck growing a small crop of this.

http://www.calguard.ca.gov/cdtf/CD%2...arijuana-1.jpg