Old 21-04-2006, 06:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default Veggie Garden Lights ...

"MostlyH2O" wrote in message
.. .
Hi Folks,

We have a decorative herb and vegetable garden in the front of our house.
recently put a few of those dim, solar powered lights in the garden to
make
it look nice in the evening.

Does this sound like a bad idea? The lights are VERY dim. But I wondered
if it would attract bugs. Or if the night-lights would mess with the
plant
growth. They put out far less light than a quarter moon, but ya never
know.

Does anyone have an opinion about accent lighting in the veggetable
garden?

Thanks very much,

Jack Coletti
St. Petersburg, FL

Don't worry about whether they'll affect plant growth. If there's an effect,
it'll be minor.

As far as bugs, you said you already installed the lights. They're right in
front of you. You can observe what's happening. How would we be able to
answer the bug question better than you, if we're not there?