Old 21-04-2006, 07:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jenny

Default What to plant on a de-mulched bank side?

Philip Lewis wrote:
"Jenny" wrote in message
But since it is all bare now, so there is an opportunity I was wondering
if there is anything I can sow or plant that will give me some ground

I like this:
http://www.google.com/search?q=rock+cress
http://images.google.com/images?q=rock+cress

Not sure if the sunlight will be enough...
I have mine in morning-early afternoon sun.
It's in full bloom now and very pretty.
Looks like it comes in several colors, I have purple.
http://www.humeseeds.com/efaubrt.htm

That is an attractive plant and looks like it might work. There's a lot
of light in the spring, not so much once the trees leaf out. I just
ordered a couple packs of seeds.

I already have three nice big soapworts growing on my rocks which look
similar and which don't seem to need much of anything to survive. I
might get a couple more of them, too.

The landscaper suggested day lilies and I coincidentally saw a bag of 10
cheap ones at Walmart. I have quite a few expensive ones in my garden
and the front of the house (I especially love the peach colored ones) as
I'm lucky enough to live down the road from a place that has a zillion
varieties you can dig in their field.

These cheap ones will probably be the ugly oranges ones but they are
behind my garage where you can't really see them so it isn't all that
important.

I'm also a fairly big sedum fan.
I have several varieties around the house.

I think my bank might be too wet for them. This ledge is at the edge of
a wood that slopes up from us and in normal years it's quite damp all
spring.

--
--Jenny

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes Diabetes Info