Old 14-03-2003, 08:44 PM
saki

Default Roses from cuttings

Bob Bauer wrote in
:

shepherd mentioned:

but is it possible to use cuttings from climbing roses for
propagating?

Yowza. Be forewarned though that it is going to take you 2 years to
catch up to the plant size you can buy in the store today.

Largely true, though I think the original poster mentioned that he wanted
to cover a fence with climbers for the least cost. If he has a couple years
to wait for full effect, this might be the way to go. The one climber I
took cuttings of last year, Purezza, rooted well and after nine months both
plants are in 5-gallon containers and have just begun blooming this month.
I have one ready to train up a pillar.

And now I know why it's called 'Purezza'...the buds really do look just
like pearls.

----