Old 21-04-2006, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul

Default planting peppers too early?

in my keenness to grow some veg i think i have started everything off too
soon. i have some red peppers that are about 7 inches tall in the greenhouse
that is unheated. what i am concerned about is the plants reaching maturity
before we get decent sunshine. speaking to a neighbour he says this area is
about 4 weeks behind more sheltered areas, i am in a high region of
Leicestershire. not sure what to do? are what i have grown a dead loss or
is it worth persevering with them? i also have some lettuce that are coming
on well also, i have a cloche to cover them so could i plant them out soon?