Old 21-04-2006, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default House plants outside during holiday ??

"Barb" wrote in message
news
I have lots of plants around my house - I haven't the faintest idea what
most of them are! - including a 3ft palm-tree thing - all of which are doing
very well. I'm obviously "good" with houseplants.

However, I'm going away for nearly four weeks in June and no longer have
someone I can ask to pop in and water them once/twice a week.

Some of them have been with me for a while, and I'm quite attached to them -
is it feasible to put them outside for the duration? On the basis that the
outside temperature is in the teens during June?

Presumably I should put them where they are shaded from direct sun, but get
the rain, and perhaps in standing water so they don't dry out.

Any comments greatfully accepted.
Thanks Barb

Some ideas he
http://www.gardenline.usask.ca/plants/holidays.html