Old 21-04-2006, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg

Default Fungus on waterlily plants

I have three water lilies, recently purchased and planted in pots of
garden soil in deep buckets of water (yes, I know that's absurd, but
the pond won't be ready for several months at least, and at £1.99 each
in Morrison's, I couldn't resist them. In our local GC they're nearly
eight times that price).

They've started growing, but the old stems and new growth of one of
them is covered in a thick 'cloud' of fungus. Is this harmful, and if
so, what should I do about it?

--
Chris