Old 21-04-2006, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default Flaming ivy

In article ,
Janet Baraclough wrote:
... I suspect that
most people who don't get on with them are either, using those tidgy
little gas-canister models*, or, not following the recommended method.
Or, too scared to use it on full-burn :-)

My experience is with a couple of paraffin jobs, one of which was a
Sheen, but they had diddy little paraffin canisters attached to the
'rod'. OK for shrivelling grass seedlings in gravel, but not for
much else.

*If a flamegun can't produce a 15 ft gush of liquid flame where's the fun?

Or the use. I needed to use them on dandelions.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.