Old 22-04-2006, 03:03 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Ants in the Compost

OK back to plan B then. Thanks, don't want dead plants or ants and would
rather go the natural way. I am careful about what go in the compost.
Mulched leaves, coffee grounds, grass clippings mostly and some lime. I did
give the pile a hard kick today after the good rain we had last night. (It
was still moving-tomorrow I will throw in some more lime give it a good
turning and run fast!)

"Bill R" wrote in message
Lar wrote:

It doesn't take a lot of borates in the soil to make it where plants
won't grow.

Lar is correct. You have to be careful about what you put in your compost
pile. I avoid any kind of material that has had any chemicals applied to
it. Some stuff can take years to become inert.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening Since 1969