Old 22-04-2006, 01:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Default Water Spots

Kenni and Jack,
I remember someone here on rgo (I think it was Al, actually) pointing out
that if one grows orchids indoors then using milk to clean leaves is a
really bad idea, due to the sour milk smell. Why _weak_ lemonade? I have
cleaned Phal leaves with undiluted lemon juice with no ill effect that I
could tell.
Joanna

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
Try milk (whole, not low-fat), cut 50-50 with water. [It will also leave a
slight, natural-looking lustre. If that doesn't work, try weak lemonade
or a weak vinegar solution. The key is the acid, different ones work
better on different kinds of spots. Or look for one of the bottled
leaf-shine products that contains citric acid. Kenni

"Jack" wrote in message
oups.com...
BTW is there something that I can use to cut throught the mineral on
the leaves, the neen oil leaves a nice luster, but some of the spots
are really hard to get off.

Jack

3 days until I get my new compots...