Old 21-04-2006, 09:16 PM posted to rec.ponds
Joan

Default Plant shelves

[snip]

Is cedar or other regular wood okay, or
might these contain substances that would be toxic to the fish?

Do you have a Big Lots store near you??

No way. Never even heard of it. I live out in the boonies.

I found wire hangers at mine that
are rounded at the hook part. They fit over the rim of the 300 gallon and
all Rubbermaid tanks perfect, giving you a shelf you can run all around the
tank with plants, only using about 6 inches of top water, and the fish love
to hide under them.

Oh! That sounds perfect. That's exactly what we have--the 300 gallon
Rubbermaid tank.

Keeps the tank free for fish to swim under them and have use of the whole
pond , and gives you flowers to look at like a garden. Almost no work! Kathy
in AZ

Oh that's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! I'll try to
find them. Do you know what they're called? What are they made of?
Do they get rusty?

Joan