Old 21-04-2006, 11:14 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Cam

Default Lawn tractor will not turn off

wrote:
last night I put a jumper cable on the solenoid w/ the switch on and it
started right up. I went out and bought a new solenoid and now it still
wont start at all. THe solenoid the lawnmower repair place sold me
looks a different then what I am replacing, but is still a 12v
solenoid. I am so confused. If the switch was bad I would not think I
would be able to start it at all. I am going back tonight w/ my old
solenoid to the parts store.

your lawnmower isnot supposed to start with the switch in the on
position. It should start with the switch in the 'start' position. So
your test was not valid. Translation: could be switch. Test the switch.