Old 21-04-2006, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cliff_the_gardener

Default Blind Daffs :(

Jan,
I would agree with other posts.
The small bulbs in indicative of a bulb divding itself when there is a
shortage of feed. Which given all you have done with Blood, Fish and
Bone and manure is very suprising.
Consequently may I suggest a change in feed. BFB is a slow release
fertiliser. Try something what is more instant, such as tomato feed.
Water it in now and repeat weekly until the leaves start to fade. If
you can get hold of a soluble 10:10:10 feed that would be the best,
but you should get a result from tomato feed. When the leaves have
died down, I would get in there and split. I would put the small buls
in a nursery bed area, where you can transfer them from as they bulk up
Good luck
Clifford
Bawtry, Doncaster, South Yorkshire