Old 21-04-2006, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Flaming ivy

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these
words:

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from (Nick Maclaren) contains [...]
I believe that the possession of an effective one will get you life
in Belmarsh, without putting you through the hassle of a trial.

I'll keep HMG's generous offer in mind if I ever need permanent
residential care.

Now, there's a financial-planning thought. If they bang you up in the
hoosegow for your declining years, I doubt if they make you flog the
house to pay for it.

My thought too. Won't even have to pay for meals on wheels. Also,
it's guaranteed we won't be forced to do movement to music, take part
in Reminiscence Hour, or have singalongs with the vicar and his
tambourine band.

[...]

Yeah, while we're heading so far OT, why do schoolteachers think old
folks want to hear kids singing "It's a long way to Tipperary", when
said o.f. actually grew up on "Rock around the clock"?

--
Mike.