Old 22-04-2006, 05:25 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com

Default Ants in the Compost

wrote in message
.. .
OK guys you have convinced me. I respect and love Mother Nature too.

I did not realize ants had similar poop as worms and I know they have a

job
to do I guess,

elaine, I do not know if ant poo is as good as worm poo. I spoke about
anthropods in general (of which ants are one variety) however if ants are
common to the rule then their poop will contain some nutrients as well as
spreading bacteria. When you turn your compost and eventually dig it out you
should do enough to disturb the ants nest (unless it is below ground level).
Try turning the compost and see what effect that has on the ants.

rob

rest of thread snipped.