Old 22-04-2006, 06:47 AM posted to rec.gardens
Snooze

Default Veggie Garden Lights ...

"MostlyH2O" wrote in message
.. .
Hi Folks,

Does this sound like a bad idea? The lights are VERY dim. But I wondered
if it would attract bugs. Or if the night-lights would mess with the
plant
growth. They put out far less light than a quarter moon, but ya never
know.

How could the light from an battery powered LED alter the plant's growth's
rate? If it could we'd be really concerned about plants growing in cities
where they are being bombarded by reflected light pollution. Can you even
see anything beyond the brightest stars at night in major urban areas?

What insects are attracted to light and are also a threat to plants? Snails,
slugs, and catepillars seem to do far more damage then anything flying
around the porch light.

Does anyone have an opinion about accent lighting in the veggetable
garden?

If you think it looks nice, why should you care about what some guy on the
internet thinks.

-S