Old 22-04-2006, 10:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
John Varigos

Default Dendrobium x delicatum

Hi Steffie

This is an easy cool growing Australian which is almost impossible to kill.
It is quick growing (for an orchid) and readily forms specimen sized plants.

I grow it in an open mix of 50:50 medium bark and perlite. It is grown
outside all year round, protected by 50% shade cloth in summer to avoid
sunburn (Australian summer sun is very intense). In winter we get down to
about 3-4°C (approx 40°F) which doesn't seem to affect the plant but it
doesn't like to be frozen! The secret to success is to keep it on the dry
side during winter but lots of bright light and plenty of fresh air. It is
not a glasshouse plant. I water it every one or two days during summer when
the new growths are forming.

Rewards with heaps of delightful white/pink flowers (typically 10 to 30
flowers per raceme) in spring.

Hope this helps

Cheers

John
--
John Varigos
Melbourne, Australia

"wshl7" wrote in message
ll.nl...
Hello evreybody

Some weeks ago I bought this Dendrobium delicatum en so I am trying hard
to find out what is the right way to grow this plant. Of course I found
heaps of information about Dendrobiums on the internet and a.o. I learned
that there are three groups of dendrobiums, which grow resp. onder hot,
intermediate or cold conditions. What I did not found is to which group my
plant belongs. As there anybody out there who can help me?

Steffie