Old 22-04-2006, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com

Default Mowing estimate needed

"Mr Big" wrote in message
Become a window cleaner, they charge £8 front and backs of a house for
about 1/2 hrs work, no overheads only a van. They can get a string of
houses and make a fortune and work in all weathers.

I get fround upon charging £8.50 / hr to cut grass and do the garden,
use all my own equipment, and have to support £1000 mower. If I say I
have used a bit of weedkiller, they look at me gone out when I charge
them an extra £1.

I've even had people say you can use any of the equipment in the shed.
Only to told at the end they charge £20 to hire out the scarifier. As
a joke, but some jokes hit home, and they get crossed off my xmas
list.

Cheeky pricks. $8.50 an hour would be a ludicrous charge to pay for work
done. You just would not see it. I got a joker to chemical wash the house
and he was $60-80 less than other quotes I received. I checked that was his
going rate and he said it was so he got the job and did ok. Not sure if he
was semi-retired or didn't pay tax. He got a cheque from me anyhow.

rob