Old 22-04-2006, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Space

Default Mowing estimate needed

I think you are right, people will generally complain about some services
more than others.

I've been on minimum wage. I coped - I lived within my means. I didn't
rely on handouts of any kind

and at the time I would have laughed to hear a question asked of somebody
earning £12 an hour on how they cope. *that* is the point.

also we don't know Si's circs - a lottery winner who likes to do a bit,
semi-retired, or generally just lives a normal life. anyway, this is
waayyyyyy off topic now.

I must go and sort out my garden, if I don't at least I know Si is only 20
miles away and charges £12 an hour.

"Mr Big" wrote in message
Become a window cleaner, they charge £8 front and backs of a house for
about 1/2 hrs work, no overheads only a van. They can get a string of
houses and make a fortune and work in all weathers.

I get fround upon charging £8.50 / hr to cut grass and do the garden,
use all my own equipment, and have to support £1000 mower. If I say I
have used a bit of weedkiller, they look at me gone out when I charge
them an extra £1.

I've even had people say you can use any of the equipment in the shed.
Only to told at the end they charge £20 to hire out the scarifier. As
a joke, but some jokes hit home, and they get crossed off my xmas
list.

Then its, the grass is a bit wet today can you leave it till tomorrow,
after you have driven a couple of miles to get there.

There is no justice in this world.

how do people cope on minimum wage?

Sorry but they don't, if was not for the handouts. Have you been in
this situation. Its all down to the consumer not wanting to pay a
decent going rate.

It sounds like typical conservatism, nowadays called new labour. Yes
the low classes can live on £56 a week, but we can have our hair done
for £7000