Old 14-03-2003, 09:26 PM
MLF

Default fish patrol

"K30a" wrote:
The watergardening labradors have signed out on vice
patrol duty. Some of the goldfish are spawning in the pond
and they _must_be_stopped! All offenders caught will be
removed from the pond to left on the lawn to contemplate
their sins. Makes for a long day.... rescuing sinners.

Reminds me of Mardi Gras (just ended). Religious zealots are bused in
every year from far away to witness the festivities and "rescue the
sinners". Fine with me.

But showing up on the television news the next day and complaining about
all the debauchery they witnessed and calling for the sinners to be
banished and for the police to put a stop to fun in the French Quarter
is a bit much. The only reason they saw what they saw was because they
came specifically to see it so they could complain on television the
next day. Fortunately, Mardi Gras has been going on since 1718, and the
zealots go home after their interview, so we all forget about them until
next year. Kind of like fish spawning - it's a sort of rite of spring.

Michael Fermanis
New Orleans, Louisiana USA (Remove the RICE to reply)