Old 22-04-2006, 06:47 PM posted to rec.ponds
Hal

Default How much oyster shell?

Thanks Ingrid,
I've never seen below a 7 pH reading in my pond, but had the bejeebers
scared out of me when I saw a 1 degree KH reading the first time.
The GH is usually below 100 most of the time unless I add the PP.

Regards,

Hal

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:18:40 GMT, wrote:

there have been some bad results tossing plaster of paris into acidic water. seems
the pH doesnt stabilize well, tends to swing in pH. stable pH is best.
Ingrid

I also add a 1" x 5" diameter chunk of plaster of paris to bring up
the GH occasionally