Old 22-04-2006, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Mowing estimate needed

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "George.com" contains these words:

"Si" wrote in message
Warrington, cheshire.

I charge £12, use my own equipment, but i think the average is about £15
around here.... most round here charge a minimum of two hours

12 per hour? How the heck do you make a living at that price?

The minimum adult wage here is under £6, (UK pounds) and many people
live on such incomes. Of course, if they're officially employed (by
local govt or service inductries) they don't take home that much after
compulsory deductions.

The wage round here is not much different. The SW has never been a
high earning paradise. The chief concern round here is that young
people cannot afford to buy homes because the SW is so popular with
those who want second homes or who retire down here. When I hear what
it costs to do work on a house in London or even in Jersey, I feel
quite faint! But there is no comparison as to quality of life and that
is the choice the individual has to make.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk