Old 23-04-2006, 02:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Al

Default Compotting a flask

All of the sprinkler heads, line, tubing, emitters, pressure regulators,
filters credit card bills etc, etc came from
dripworksusa.com. The rainforest cage in the back of the greenhouse uses
what they call a mini-mister. Each mister puts out 2 or so gallons an hour
@ 20 psi. I have them spaced in a grid across the top at about 14 square
inch intervals. Used this way, it is more like a fine rain at about 1/2
inch in half an hour on the plants below. The mounted plants and basket
plants really like it. I run the fertilizer right through the water line.

I do not have very high water pressure, it maxes out at about 45 psi and
then dwindles to about 20 psi before the pump kicks back on. I have very
low flow from the well...or the pump is as old as I am. Both may be true.
I have lots of zones in the greenhouse. I still find I have to do a lot of
watering by hand to keep up but the watering system does help a bit. I
really want a higher flow rate and one day soon when some of the other bills
are paid and oil prices come back down I will look into it.

"Jack" wrote in message
oups.com...
what type of sprinkler system do you use, I use rainbird spray heads
for a drip system. When I build my green house I want to set up a drip
system and put in overhead misters, I found some low presure micro
misters (vs fine spray) online, but still need to figure out a way to
up the pressure in the lines to about 70psi.

Jack