Old 22-04-2006, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Ants in Compost Bin

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"Mike Lyle" [...]
In any case, commercial ant-killers such as Nippon are just borax in
a sugar syrup, as far as I know. So one might as well just buy Nippon
unless one needs borax for other purposes.

You are right about Nippon containing borax.
I have a suspicion that mixing your own formulation contravenes
"Rules and Regs" ? Something about householders not being competent
to get it right.

As I've said before, I don't think these rules and regs have any bearing
at all on what a private citizen does in his own home for his own
purposes. Start selling stuff, or polluting the environment, or making
explosives or something, and it's different -- and quite right, too:
you'd fire a government which didn't try to control it.

--
Mike.