Old 23-04-2006, 02:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JP in Lon

Default Seed potatoes?

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"JP in Lon" wrote in message
What can I do with leftover seed potatoes (besides share them with

others
to plant)?
because some suppliers only do nets of 20 or more and I only need a

few...
would the only other thing to do be sling them on the Comp heap if no

one
else wants any?

Look for a supplier who will sell you smaller quantities, I found one

near
Chobham, although he now does them in slightly larger packets, but he

will
open them and just sell you the number you want.

Iver Flowerland sell them by the 'bucket' which are small and would hold
just enough for me, all I need are 6 - 8 tubers each of three varieties.

(I assume they won't last till next year?)

You could eat them!(:-)

Don't think so.... aren't seed pots. treated?

Try asking around your neighbours to see if any of those would like to

share
some with you.

Well... I suppose that's the only alternative...

Another approach, would be to get hold of the manager of your local

supplier
and tell them that if you cannot buy small quantities of pots, there is

no
point of you coming in to buy anything else, (s)he might just take the

hint
and let you have smaller quantities.

Well.. already purchased, now.
But, next year, I'll look smaller, besides those I keep. (If I want to try
something different.)

Just for info, I ordered;

Golden Wonder
Red King Edward