Old 23-04-2006, 06:17 AM posted to rec.gardens
HH

Default Ants in Japanese maple

"Lar" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
says...
aphids and ants. I will wash the lot off with water. Tomorrow I will
release
a bag of ladybugs and apply a nontoxic spray.

hmmm assuming you mean a spray that is non(low)toxic to people, but
toxic to the aphids? you probably don't want to apply the insecticide
after you release ladybugs for it will effect them too.

Thanks for that caution. The spray was recommended by the said gardening
guru who knows a lot more about gardening than I. I will confer with her
about the spray and read the label carefully. If any doubt remains, I will
rely on the ladybugs and praying mantis, if necessary supplemented by the
water spray.

HH