Old 23-04-2006, 07:11 AM posted to triangle.gardens
laurie \(Mother Mastiff\)

Default Bunnies

If you can get the use of a humane trap (Humane Society and many rescue
organizations will lend one), I miss having a bunny living with the
chickens, and would enjoy having one again (two if they are the same sex,
but I don't know how to sex bunnies). I still have 40# of rabbit food
here.

My original bunny was NOT a pet to be held, but loved being hand-fed
carrots, and thought he was a chicken. The hens ate his food and he would
eat theirs. (They get fresh greens from the garden regularly, so that was
what they all shared.)

The one or two bunnies would live in the chicken house and fully wired pen,
so they would be indoor/ outdoor, but not with access to the open yard.

(There's a huge immature bald eagle hanging around the chicken pens, bunnies
would only be safe here IN the pens with the chickens).

Email me off list if this would help, or seems feasible for you.

laurie (Mother Mastiff)

"Jo" wrote in message
Have a neighbor who was breeding bunnies and then decided not so good and
set them all free. There are a few in our yard and I do not wish to kill
them, but I do not want them eating my garden. Is there anything anyone
can suggest other than killing that will help get them away from my
garden. (The one who has eaten all of my marigolds can fit in the palm of
my hand)

I have used Stinky Coleus in the past, but not sure where I can find some
around Raleigh.

Jo