Old 23-04-2006, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mr Big

Default Mowing estimate needed

There has got to be a way of weeding out these social scroungers who
do work for cash and are not account for it to the taxman.

I've been to a local garden centre/nursery to buy compost, 3 bags for
£10.

I'll put them in the van, whilst you go and get me the reciept. We
don't give receipts here. Sorry I need one for the tax man. Oh, I'll
get a till receipt. Here you are then one till receipt. Thats no good
its not printed the company name or VAT number. Oh has it not. I go
get it stamped. Same till reciept given back to me rubber stamped on
the back, that can just be read.

Just how many people are pocketing cash.

Thats the local garden centre/nursery for one.

Because quite a number of them are doing it as a 'hobby' to make some extra
cash, note 'cash', for doing very little actual 'work'.

The significance of the word 'cash' is that one does not always pay tax on
it!

Alan