Old 23-04-2006, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

Default garlic mustard

"greengrass" wrote in message

I have a lot of wild garlic mustard plants growing in my yard.I let them
grow till the flowers fade then I pull them up. i get them every
spring,after that its a little tough keepingthings growing inthose
spots. those spots are under a group of 13 tulip poplar trees. does
recomend something that would grow well in the same spot with flowers
and about a foot or two tall and bloom in late summer or fall. still
working on that engish garden.

--
greengrass

Yes I know the problem. The ground is moist/wet and lets the garlic thrive
in the spring. The trees leaf and the ground gets dry and shaded by which
time the garlic has died back leaving a fairly blank area.
Does that fit your situation with 13 (you did say 13 ) tulip poplars?
Without a bit of judicious culling of garlic (digging up) it will eventually
out compete most other plants.
Some of the plants listed for dry shade may be OK for you.
http://home.clara.net/tmac/urgring/faqshade.htm