Old 23-04-2006, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone here

Default Seed potatoes?

"JP in Lon" wrote in message
What can I do with leftover seed potatoes (besides share them with others
to plant)?
because some suppliers only do nets of 20 or more and I only need a few...
would the only other thing to do be sling them on the Comp heap if no one
else wants any?

(I assume they won't last till next year?)

As you have said, already bought now.
But next year try a local allotment association. Ours sells seed potato
'loose'
so if you want five seeds then you can buy 5 seeds.
Or buy a net of 5kg or the larger 15kg bag.
If you want 20 metres of spud then they will calculate that for you
and sell the appropriate number.

We also have a 'seed share' I buy one 'net' of seed pots
you buy another (different) net We swap so we each have
half a bag of each variety.

I bought 6 nets (5kg each) all different.
But have planted 14 different varieties due to swapping.
Eventually I will know what grows well here and more important
which ones I like eating.

HTH

Dave