Old 14-03-2003, 10:08 PM
Iris Cohen

Default What to do with last year's mulch?

the mulch doesn't look too pleasant. So, I'm wondering if I can turn the
soil over and till the mulch into the beds and then mulch again on top, or
should I rake up all the mulch that's there now and replace it with new?

Your screen name intrigues me. I received my MSW in 1969. What kind of work are
you doing? You will find gardening very good burnout insurance.
You can either even the mulch out with a rake & mulch over it, or till the
mulch into the soil & apply a fresh layer. As it breaks down, the old mulch
will improve your soil.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."