Old 23-04-2006, 04:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
?

Default Compotting a flask

On 22 Apr 2006 22:45:12 -0700 in . com Jack wrote:
well I run my off a sump pump which is connected to a standard hose
fitting, it took me a little looking at the hardware store to find a
3/4 to 1/2" push adapter. The pump is a 1/4 hp eletrict, it has a
little power getting pressure to the top of my shelve ( a 6' rise)

What you might want to do is see if you can get a larger pressure tank
for your well head.
I am trying to see if I can hook a presure tank into my system if I
expand it and have it make up the pressure difference, I think if I use
PVC and run it to a elevated pressure vessel that I should get good
pressure, the part I couldn't figure out is how to wire, you have to
delay the misters until pressure has built up.

There are shallow well kits that should have all the bits ready to go.
The pressure tank would have sensors that shut off the pump when it reaches
a certain pressure and turns it on when it drops below another pressure.
As memory serves this is adjustable.

Al, As memory serves from the home inspection on my house, 18-20PSI is the
expected cut on point for the pump.

--
Chris Dukes
tajwerk this job isnt bad though. Today we had free breakfast and