Old 23-04-2006, 03:29 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gary Woods

Default Let's hear whats ponding this weekend?

~ janj wrote:

How was your ponding weekend?

Well.... not so great; it's been too cold for much to be happening, though
the hardy lilies are waking up. And I figured out why I hadn't seen Walter
the solitary koi in a bass-infested pond; his body was in the shallows
after the water dropped a few inches from winter's high. He was perhaps
ten years old, and outlived his mistress by nearly five years.
Otherwise, we're getting a nice chilly drizzle to wet down the new seeds in
the garden, and to green up the grass, after a dry early spring.
And despite it all, life goes on. Perhaps that's reward enough!