Old 23-04-2006, 04:35 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton

Default Let's hear whats ponding this weekend?

Some fraud wrote:

"Koi-Lo" wrote in message
Our whole weekend will be spent repairing the berm on the small pond.
This will be a permanent repair even if it means we need a new liner.
Today we drained it, removed the net and net supports and moved the fish
into a 500g holding pool. The plants, covered in their eggs are in a
150g
kiddy-pool. I'll be crawling in diamond-scale butterfly koi. Tomorrow
we'll put the forms in and I hope get to pour some concrete.

If one were to look at a satellite photo of your address, would we even
find a pond there?
Thanks to maps.google.com and earth.google.com anyone can view 1 meter
satellite photos.

You can't even see my _house_ on google. You could spot the ponds of most
rec.ponders who live in decent sized cities. Outside the cities the sat
photos can be years old, and much lower resolution. I'd be surprised if
you could see Jan's ponds either...
--
derek