Old 23-04-2006, 05:51 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman

Default Let's hear whats ponding this weekend?

Gareee© wrote:
"Derek Broughton" wrote in message

You can't even see my _house_ on google. You could spot the ponds of most
rec.ponders who live in decent sized cities. Outside the cities the sat
photos can be years old, and much lower resolution. I'd be surprised if
you could see Jan's ponds either...

Plus, if you have any trees overhead, they will obscure the overhead view.

I could see my Mom's house quite well, and my home in Florida.. the pic was
taken way back when they had flooding, and I could even see my car, and a
big pile of sand the fire department had brought in to fill sandbags with.

From the places I've looked at Derek is right....it's hard to spot
stuff on the rural locations (including the UK) and the photos in the
rural areas are also quite old (at least the UK ones I've looked at). I
can see my house very well even down to the car in the drive but I live
in an urban area....and yep, in an urban area you can spot ponds if
large enough but, as on some rural areas you can't even spot the house
the chance of seeing a pond would be non-existent IMO...

Gill