Old 23-04-2006, 05:57 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
CANNON-FODDER

Default stray cats--a problem

The Addison's wrote:

"CANNON-FODDER" wrote in message
Brett Miller wrote:
snip of things I do not necessarily disagree with

If you want a cat keep it inside. You let it run wild and you are
guilty of mistreatment of the animal.

A!=C
Mistreatment does not come from letting an animal outside, any more than
care and attentiveness comes from keeping one penned.

--
v/r,
C-F

I agree that "mistreatment does not come from letting an animal outside".
What does come of letting your pets run free, is called "inconsideration
for your fellow human being" and pure laziness!!!

M2CW,
Hawkeye65

Again A!=C (or D).
There are too many inherent assumptions and perspectives on word phrasing to
make any blanket statements, especially condemnations without specific
descriptions of the actions. Any of these could describe the same
situation, depending on which side and how long one side stewed in silence:
Run wild, run free, let outside, out during the day, played with in the
yard for an hour a day.

If there is a problem, voice it.
Only then can a neighbor be [inconsiderate].
Otherwise the 'victim' is the inconsiderate person.

Nothing says that consideration equals compliance with a neighbor's every
desire either. It would be inconsiderate to "demand" complete silence in
the afternoon from a young family.

The second attribute is judgemental and simple labeling/name-calling.

--
v/r,
C-F