Old 23-04-2006, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Default Hello everyone I am a newbie and don't like lurking...

"Sacha" wrote in message
ups.com...

Tom&amp wrote:
so I'll introduce myself and jump right in.

I'm a 42 year young girl who lives in the Cheshire countryside with my
partner, my two children, two step daughters every other weekend, three
cats (one of which believes he is a dog), two adorable jack russells
(which DON'T help with the gardening) and a friendly spirit (at least
I think we have one anyway). I work nearly full time in a secondary
mainstream school with kids that have learning/behaviour problems, it's
a fun, challenging, heart rending and at times infuriating job but I
wouldn't do anything else in the world though. Emmm, well maybe, when
I'm older and my kids have grown up I will go to work for the local
council doing all the gardening stuff, being outdoors all the time in
all weathers would suit me just fine.

I have two passions, the weather and gardening. I am still quite new
to the gardening thing though. I am becoming more knowledgable but
sometimes do stupid things like prune my lavender at the wrong time and
ruin it! I am so mad with myself for doing this and really should have
known better. I have just increased my veg patch and I have a lovely
new potting shed at the bottom of the garden. I am a very happy girl!

Today I am still in my jamas because I had a bit too much wine last
night and feel a bit ill. For goodness sakes though, I only drank 3/4
bottle which really isn't much is it? But I don't drink so I guess
that's why my head is hurting today. Anyway my veg patch is beckoning
because my spuds and carrot seeds badly need planting and I'm trying to
muster up some energy and a clear head to get out there and do what
needs to be done.

Sorting out the garden will probably sort out the hangover, too!
Welcome to urg but do try as Mike Lyle suggests, to subscribe through a
newsreader. GardenBanter messages don't come to everyone on urg and so
your posts won't be seen by everyone.

and besides that, we have a 'thing' against garden banter :-))

Other than that, everything in the garden is rosie :-))