Old 23-04-2006, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan

Default Hello everyone I am a newbie and don't like lurking...

In message .com, Taz
wrote
Welcome Barbara. Still a relative newbie m'self, but they've been nice
to me so far. Soudns like you've got everything under control. Make
good use of the friendly folks here, won't you.

And I don't mind smileys.

Text smileys like the ones you are using are okay but Barbara is using a
web based interface called Gardenbanter that probably uses picture
smileys.

If Barbara includes a picture smiley her post may/will be dropped by
many proper news servers as it contains binary information for a text
only newsgroup. As a result many people will not see her
questions/answers.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com