Old 24-04-2006, 02:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default Why are my roses purple - Followup (Check PH)

Well, I haven't tested the pH, but...

The Mister Lincoln roses, which produced the striking purple flowers
the first go-round, are now producing roses of the proper color. As
soon as the latest storms knocked the purple flowers off, the plants
began opening rich red buds. The Climbing Blaze bushes are now opening
up flowers that are still a little off, but are now closer to red than
orange. As for the Oklahomas, I suspect that one of them may have been
mislabeled. I have three. One that is supposed to be an Oklahoma is
producing lavender flowers, while the Oklahoma right next to it is
producing rich red blooms.

Jason