Old 23-04-2006, 10:51 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Winterizing tropical water plants

"CanadianCowboyİ" wrote in message
I know it is too early to be thinking of this but this will help me on how
much to invest in tropical plants vs hardy lilies for this year.

Can these tropical plants such as water lettuce, hyacinth, etc be brought
inside
and put in large buckets with artificial
lighting and expect them to live until spring ?

I only got water hyacinth to live through one winter in my sunroom. They're
more work than they're worth.Water lettuce will survive nicely in moving
water and some fertilizer. I keep them over in several aquariums. I don't
buy tropical pond plants any more. I'd rather the hardy ones so I can leave
them outside all year 'round.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.