Old 14-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Polar

Default OT-here's your dilemma of the day

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 21:18:14 GMT, "Natty_Dread"
wrote:

"silvasurfa" wrote in message

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
OK, here's your dilemma of the day:

You are the President of the United States.

You've just learned that there is an asteroid headed for France that

will
completely wipe out their entire country.

It is scheduled to hit about 2:30 a.m. in just two days from now.

You have enough ships and military personnel nearby that can help

evacuate
their people safely, but they are on stand-by in case of war with Iraq.

Your question: do you set the VCR to record the asteroid hitting France,

or do
you stay up to watch it live?

Umm, wouldn't an asteroid big enough to completely wipe out France also
cause major devastation in Britain? And aren't Britain almost on your

side?

Actually, they're not. British support for war in Iraq stands at about
about 20%, according to the polls I've read. That's why Tony Blair seems to
be backpedaling a bit on his support for Bush -- his government may be in
danger of falling if he doesn't moderate his message in accordance with the
British public's will.

At times like this, one wishes for a parliamentary system Over Here,
so we could dump Dubya.

But in such a large country as the U.S. , I suppose there are
arguments for keeping our present, clumsy system...

What do people think?

--
Polar