Old 23-04-2006, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default What chippings

Emrys Davies wrote:
What was my front lawn is ready to receive a membrane which will be
covered by chippings to a depth of about 2". I have in mind to use
either Newbury Gold or Gold Blend chippings, but I am wondering how
plants and shrubs will show up against this background.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

In my opinion for any stone landscaping one should choose a colour which
suits the local geology, rather than with plants in mind. I find
unnatural the effect of, for example, slate chippings in a sandstone
area.

--
Mike.