Old 23-04-2006, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Meech

Default Ivy Roots

Hi,
First post and am as green as ....
Renovating very neglected garden. Basically digging practically everything
up and starting again. Lots of ivy with vicious roots. Do ivy roots work
like weeds? i.e. if I leave a bit will the ivy grow again? If, as I suspect,
they will how do I kill the stumps that are left under the soil and which I
can't pull up? Same question applies to various shrubs whose roots seem to
go to Australia, can I just leave them a foot or so below the surface?
Husband is warbling on about copper nails????
Thanks
Chris