Old 24-04-2006, 03:54 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Give Me Your Ideas/Tips on Building a Pond

Doug Kanter wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Question 10 & a bonus: Are ponds worthwhile or are they more bother
than they're worth?

They are worthwhile. However, I would strongly suggest that you either hit
the library, or invest in a book or two. You'd need to do this in order to
have a successful aquarium indoors. This is the same, but with more factors
involved. If you think you're going to get enough information in a
newsgroup, you may as well forget the idea.

Thanks for the reply, Doug!

I've had considerable expirence with tropical fish. In the past I've
owned a 29, 55 and 100 gallon aquariums. I've sucessfully raised
numerous varieties including Killifish and Cichlids. However, this
will be my first outdoor pond. I've been reading info from numerous
sources, but would like to converse with someone who has some
first-hand practical expirience. Do you have any other info to share?

Patrick