Old 24-04-2006, 07:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

Default GW - In remembrance of Geoff Hamilton ?

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 18:33:53 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from Paul Corfield contains these words:

snip

While we're talking about practical matters it seems to me that
gardening seems to require the use of a car these days. Things like
compost, manure etc are not really for lugging along on the local bus or
tube train (yes I'm in London) and many places don't seem to have
delivery services. Is there anyone else on the group who is car less
but can manage to lug plants, pots and compost around with ease?
--
Paul C

I have a car but prefer to spend the time that I would use lugging compost
more usefully .
I use CPL distribution to deliver any materials I need.
http://www.cpldistribution.co.uk/hom.../index.cfm?c=2

I do not really need any of the plants that most local garden centres sell
so I buy the less common plants on line from any Country that supplies.
A cheaper method is to spot a plant in someone's garden and ask for a
cutting. It's a good way of making new friends or on rare occasions learning
new swear words.