Old 24-04-2006, 08:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

Default Mowing estimate needed

"Space" wrote in message

"George.com" wrote in message

"Si" wrote in message
Warrington, cheshire.

I charge £12, use my own equipment, but i think the average is about

£15
around here.... most round here charge a minimum of two hours

12 per hour? How the heck do you make a living at that price?

how do people cope on minimum wage?

I don't know but any would be mower of grass has first to buy a mower and
vehicle, so some money must be set aside for their replacement, then there
is the insurance and bear in mind you have to get to where the grass is and
the time and fuel that costs. all costs that someone on the minimum wage
does not have.
I would say 12 per hour was an extremely good deal. For the customer :~)
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk