Old 24-04-2006, 12:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

Default Recyling garden waste (quick moan)

"George.com" wrote in message

"michael adams" wrote in message

"George.com" wrote in message

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message
The 18 cottages on this small dirt track manage to produce a whole 3

bags
of
garden waste material which is collected every two weeks for the

Council
recycle. With the exception of myself no one composts but all the

houses
have gardens.
Exploring the contents of these bags with a view to using it on my

own
compost heap I came across :- Plastic plant pots and labels
reusable
assorted cans
easily resmelted
plastic bottles,
recyclable
cat litter(complete with turds),
compostable as tree mulch
milk bottles,
reusable once sterilised

some people remain as thick as the day god made them.

rob

They're not thick.

They just happen to have different priorities in life.

Maybe they don't rate being smug and sanctimonious as highly
as some other people.

michael adams

maybe just lazy Michael. If I am smug and sanctimonious because
I make an effort then so be it, something I can live with.

There happens to be a big difference between simply making an effort
yourself, and using that as a pretext to look down on other people
who may happen to think differently to the way you do.

If facilities are available
there is no excuse for doing the simple things. 'Can't be bothered' is no
answer, just an excuse. As for priorities, where recycling facilities are
available dumping it all in a landfill doesn't sound like priorities to

me,
just laziness or ignorance. Feel free to prove me wrong.

rob

The world is full of people, performing selfless and often unpleasant
tasks on a daily basis, for the benefit of society and the community
as a whole, often with very little expectation of recognition
or reward, who feel no need to preach, or look down their noses
at anyone.

michael adams