Old 24-04-2006, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris S

Default Recyling garden waste (quick moan)

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message
The 18 cottages on this small dirt track manage to produce a whole 3 bags
of garden waste material which is collected every two weeks for the
Council to recycle. With the exception of myself no one composts but all
the houses have gardens.
Exploring the contents of these bags with a view to using it on my own
compost heap I came across :- Plastic plant pots and labels,assorted cans
/ plastic bottles,cat litter(complete with turds), milk bottles,crisp
packets and assorted rocks.
No grass clippings, in fact bugga all that could really be composted with
the exception of a large tree root.
I did retrieve one very posh stainless steel trowel complete with price
tag.

Our council (in Aberdeen) wouldn't collect it. They only collect garden
waste in appropriate bins, and any hint of plastic / stones etc are left for
the householder to deal with. It seems to work well.
Chris S