Old 24-04-2006, 06:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Dennis Hessler

Default Blooms changing colors

Hi All,

I have some miniature roses I nurtured and grew in the greenhouse all winter
(I live in NW Florida). The one is a pale yellow that turns to white and the
other is white with just a kiss of red on the edges. These were pruned and
fertilized throughout the winter in the greenhouse.

Here's my question: The roses are in planters and when I put them outside,
the white with red rose immediately started producing bright red with a
touch of white on its blooms -- and on all its blooms. The pale yellow rose
started blooming bright yellow all of a sudden. The outside conditions are
in the 50-60 range at night with the same sun as in the greenhouse.

Any ideas why the increased vibrancy in color when I simply moved them
outside, still in their pots? Thanks in advance.

Dennis